Tuesday 13 July 2010

The Smell of Rain Reminds Me of You

I'm devastated to be missing this on Saturday so I urge everyone else to go check it out:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=113517902028782

As you can see it's a kind of sophisticated flash mob. You're invited to download an audio track on to your mp3 player 24 hours before the event and then meet up at Piccadilly Gardens at 5pm on Saturday to listen to it together. So it's a sort of private performance en masse.

Let me know what you think. I met Hannah during a Theatre Sandbox workshop when she had first created an idea for a really innovative piece of pervasive media performance. This isn't exactly what she was pitching but I have a feeling it's a part of this grander project to come...

Do excuse me while I act as the fountain of creative events sharing, but next week Contact will be taken over with Contacting the World, with events produced by young people all over the world. There's some great events and workshops lined up, see here:

http://www.contact-theatre.org/whats-on

I don't completely know what to expect but then isn't that always part of the fun! I'm expecting diversity of styles and a standard level of Contact vibrancy. Think it sounds like fun? Of course you do, I'll see you there!!

Contact are being so good to us... Rach and I had a programming feedback meeting about a week ago. We talked theatre we'd seen, theatre we'd like to see, what's next for Contact and, dun dun duuuun, our trip to The Festival Fringe in Edinburgh!!! We're off!! The four of us will be spending a couple of nights up at The Burgh in August, scouting around for new performance.

Here at Re:CON, we've been getting into the grand old habit of meeting up after Contact meetings to basically wave our arms around and talk about everything which makes us excited to be part of the team. Let me tell you Edinburgh trip featured pretty strongly in that discussion. I LOVE this festival. It's the theatre equivalent of a jumble sale but when you find 'That really amazing show' you just want to shout about it. This year I'll actually have a theatre venue to shout about it to! Wonderful!

Next meeting, Baba has promised to reveal the programme budgeting spreadsheet. Yes, yes, there are going to be numbers aplenty and it is going to get technical. I can't wait.

Toodle Pip

No comments:

Post a Comment